Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What we're up to

Not sleeping. That's what our whole family is up to. While all of you were celebrating the new year, Jason and I were toasting our glasses of sparkling cider to Evie's new molars. I'm pretty sure she woke up in the middle of the night through the whole month of December, and after trying everything we could think of (feeding her more food, Tylenol, reducing daytime naps) she was still waking up multiple times in the night. Then, just before New Year's, Jason stuck his finger in Evie's mouth and found a molar in the back that had just broken through. We finally have our happy girl back, and she slept 12 hours last night (Hooray!).

So, the reason I have not posted Christmas pictures is that there are no pictures. I was so sleep-deprived and delirious on Christmas day that I didn't take one single picture. We do have video, but that's all.

And let's not forget Dallin, up to his usual mischief of course. We were at my parents' house during Christmas break and my Dad was sitting at the computer...Dallin walks up and says "Hey Grandpa, Grandma needs your help in the kitchen." So my Dad lets him take his place because his favorite thing to do over there is watch diggers on youtube. Then, my Dad goes in the kitchen to help only to find out that my Mom didn't need help, and she did not, in fact, ask Dallin to go get him. My Dad had a good laugh out of that one.
And...

I was singing a made-up song to Evie today while I was changing her diaper and Dallin said "Stoooop" all embarrassed (and surprisingly similar to how I say it to Jason when he says something cheesy). So I said, "Is that what Mom says?" He replied, "Yeah, that's what you say to Daddy when he says a bad word."

7 comments:

Jason Nartker said...

New year's resolution. . . .

nevadavans said...

That's awesome - not about Evie not sleeping, but Dallin is Hillarious!!! Must have the best mix of Mom and Dad! My kind of kid!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Dallin cracks me up! I LOVE hearing what he has to say! And I'm glad you guys are finally getting some sleep!!!

forget laundry said...

bless you soul for posting this. we have been having a similar month and it has been TORTURE! we still had no idea what her problem could be and this has shed some light. let's hope a molar comes in any day- and let's not hope this attitude/not sleeping thing isn't permanent. thank you for the peace of mind.

ps dallin is really so cute and funny

Jen said...

Okay, so I was eating ice cream when I read this and most of it came out of my nose when I read what Dallin said but it was TOTALLY worth it!!!!! He is my FAVORITE!!!!! Jason says bad words???????? THAT I have to hear =). Miss you guys and glad that smooshy Evie is sleeping better.

JD said...

nartker is innocent!

except he got casey swearing.

Jason Nartker said...

Thank you for the support JD.

I sure get a whole lot of credit for Casey's bad mouth. . . I think he did a good enough job of that on his own without any influence from me.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker