Tuesday, July 7, 2009

manners



We have been trying to teach the kids manners that go beyond 'please' and 'thank you', so a few weeks ago I told Dallin that girls (and ladies) always go first. Whether we're opening the door to go into church or standing in line for food. It's always polite to let girls go first, and that includes his sister. :) Jason had also recently taught him this. I hadn't mentioned anything since then, but today I was pouring a cup of milk for both the kids at lunch and I just happened to pour Dallin's first. That's when I got scolded. "Remember Mom," Dallin said, "girls always go first."

So I acted contrite and tried to hide the huge smile on my face. :)

5 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

He is a crack up!

Jen said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH I LOVE HIM!!!!!!! Yes that was me screaming the WHOLE time!!!!! =) LOL

Tiffany said...

Congrats on being pregnant!!! I think manners were important to teach Landon so even though he didn't talk, I taught him the sign language for please and thank you.
About the memory loss, I had that so bad too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I felt like such a ditz!

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

What a little gentleman!

Rose said...

Cute!

Mel its time for a new post. How bout a "favorite finds" post. I know you have some good finds from this years g sales.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker